Join Roaring Fork Conservancy and Pitkin County Open Space & Trails for an evening adventure at Filoha Meadows. With a different access into Filoha Meadows from previous years, which includes a longer walk and later evening, we’re looking for adventure seekers to help us explore this beautiful part of Filoha Meadows.
Located near Redstone on Highway 133, Filoha Meadows Nature Preserve contains a natural thermal wetland, providing unique habitat for rare orchids, fireflies, and many other plant and animal species.
We’ll explore areas typically closed to the public to learn more about the incredible species that call this home and the history of this unique area.
Please keep in mind:
- This program is appropriate for those 12 years and older. Minors must be accompanied by a parent.
- Please dress appropriately as the program will happen rain or shine.
- Please wear closed toed shoes as there will be quite a bit of walking, including on uneven terrain.
- There are no restrooms, please plan accordingly.
- Please bring water, snack, warm layers, and a headlamp, as we'll be walking back to our cars in the dark.
Additional Filoha Meadows Evening Exploration program dates are:
- Thursday, July 14, 2022
- Thursday, July 21, 2022
Please email email@example.com with questions.