Water and fire restrictions, and drought resources for locations throughout the Roaring Fork Valley are identified below.
- Current Water Restrictions: The City of Aspen enacted a Stage 2 Water Shortage on Monday, August 13, 2018.
- Water lawns no more than 3 days a week.
- No more than 30 minutes per sprinkler zone per day.
- No watering lawns between 10am-6pm or anytime it is raining.
- Water native landscapes no more than 2 days a week.
- Exemptions from above prohibitions include: new landscapes and trees installed within the last 2 years, flowerbeds, and vegetable gardens. Properties controlled by an evapotranspiration (ET) controller or weather station are also exempt.
- Prohibition from watering lawns, landscaping, or amenity resulting in ponding or the flowing of water onto paved surfaces.
- No washing sidewalks, driveways, and patios.
- Water users are required to repair leaky irrigation systems.
- 2018 Drought Watch & Response
- Aspen Water and Conservation Program
- For water service specific comments, please email email@example.com
- Current Fire Restrictions: Stage 2 Fire Restrictions in effect as of June 29, 2018.
- Current Water Restrictions: The Town of Basalt implemented Stage 2 Water Restrictions beginning June 20, 2018.
- All outside irrigation with sprinklers, sprinkler systems, or other passive or automatic methods, other then drip irrigation systems, shall be prohibited.
- Washing of cars, trucks, boats, trailers or other vehicles at destinations other than commercial washing facilities shall be prohibited.
- Washing of streets, sidewalks, driveways, patios, and other concrete and paved surfaces with water shall be prohibited.
- Town of Basalt Stage 2 Water Restriction Municipal Code
- Current Fire Restrictions: The Town of Basalt implemented Stage 2 Fire Restrictions imposed, as of June 30, 2018.
- Questions? Please call (970) 927-9013.
- Current Water Restrictions: Town of Carbondale Water Conservation Restrictions began on July 30, 2018.
- No outdoor irrigation between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM is allowed.
- Odd/Even Restrictions-Properties with an address that ends in an even number or zero can water on even numbered days of the month. Properties with an address that ends in an odd number can water on odd numbered days of the month.
- No draining and refilling of swimming pools, hot tubs, spas or the like. Water may be added to replenish evaporative losses, but they cannot be drained and refilled.
- No washing of privately owned cars, other motor vehicles, trailers or boats except from a bucket. A hose equipped with a positive shut-off nozzle may be used for a quick rinse.
- No washing of sidewalks, driveways parking areas, tennis courts, patios or other paved areas.
- Irrigation systems in homeowners associations or other large systems that irrigate multiple properties are not subject to the odd/even restriction provided that the irrigation system does not irrigate the same piece of property more frequently than once every other day, or alternatively, they reduce their usage by 50% daily.
- Drip irrigation is not subject to the odd/even restrictions.
- Outside watering with a handheld container is permitted daily.
- Commercial car washes are not affected by the restrictions at this time.
- Current Fire Restrictions: The Town of Carbondale implemented Stage 2 Fire Restrictions
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, CO:
- Current Fire Restrictions: The City of Glenwood Springs has implemented Stage 2 Fire Restrictions as of June 16, 2018.
- City of Glenwood Springs Water Conservation Program
EAGLE COUNTY, CO:
- Eagle County Emergency Management
- Current Fire Restrictions: Stage 2 Fire Restrictions as of July 1, 2018.
GARFIELD COUNTY, CO:
- Garfield County Fire Restrictions
- Current Fire Restrictions: Stage 2 Fire Restrictions as of June 29, 2018.
GUNNISON COUNTY, CO:
- Gunnison County Emergency Management
- Current Fire Restrictions: Gunnison County is under Stage 2 Fire Restrictions as of June 14, 2018
PITKIN COUNTY, CO:
- Pitkin County Public Safety Council
- Current Fire Restrictions: Stage 2 Fire Restrictions in effect as of July 2, 2018.