Roaring Fork Conservancy is looking for an experienced educator to join our team of educators, who will help provide watershed education to students within the Roaring Fork Valley (from Aspen to Glenwood Springs) both in the classroom and in outdoor/field settings.
This educator position is responsible for teaching water and river-related educational programming as part of Roaring Fork Conservancy’s Watershed Education program. The majority of classes are taught on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Lesson plans are provided for all programs. Watershed Educators must be available from between the hours of 7:30 am - 3:30 pm. Programs are rarely the full duration of that time, but generally occur between those times. There may be opportunities to increase hours during the summer months.
- Teach a wide variety of watershed education programs to K-12 students in both classroom and outdoor settings.
- Lead students in an outdoor environment employing safe management practices.
- Create a fun and engaging learning environment.
- Coordinate with Roaring Fork Conservancy educators and school teachers regarding which programs will be taught on what days and times.
- Assemble all materials needed to carry out programs and coordinate materials with concurrent programs.
- Conduct maintenance and upgrades on program materials as needed.
- Assist with various education projects.
- Assist with organizational events which may include occasional evenings or weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, science, environmental studies, education, or similar field.
- Experience teaching environmental education, classroom teaching and/or teaching in a non-formal setting (i.e. museum, national/state park, outdoor education, etc.).
- Currently certified in First Aid and CPR (preferred).
- Must have reliable vehicle for transportation to and from each teaching location.
- Local applicants only
Salary: $20 per hour and mileage reimbursement per current IRS rate.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and three references by October 22, 2019 to Megan Dean, Director of Education, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.