Roaring Fork Conservancy has inspired people to explore, value, and protect the Roaring Fork Watershed since 1996. As the watershed organization for the Roaring Fork Valley, we fulfill this mission through Watershed Science & Policy - conducting research on our rivers, executing watershed restoration projects, and engaging with local stakeholders to guide water policy - and Watershed Education –with school children, families, and adult-focused educational programming.
Roaring Fork Conservancy is looking for a Business Manager to execute general operations duties between the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday, and some weekends as needed. The business manager is a critical part of Roaring Fork Conservancy staff and will support every program area by ensuring day to day operations run smoothly.
This full-time position comes with medical benefits, Simple IRA contribution, vacation benefits, and competitive salary based on experience.
- Serve a front-line position as the initial point of contact for in-person visitors and telephone calls.
- Maintain a strong understanding of Roaring Fork Conservancy’s projects and programs to comfortably answer in-person and telephone inquiries.
- Manage the daily operations of the facility including opening/closing, mail correspondence, vendor management and other duties as assigned.
- Provide a high level of proactive support to staff.
- Assist with events including some evenings or weekend days, especially during the summer.
- Use eTapestry donor database for gift entry, data exports, records management and donor acknowledgements as needed.
- Recruit, maintain, and grow RFC’s volunteer program.
- Additional ad-hoc projects and duties.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Word/Excel/Outlook. Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Creative a plus.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with accuracy, discretion, and poise.
- Proficient with social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Positive attitude, resourcefulness and the ability to independently problem solve when needed in a variety of situations.
- Excellent customer service awareness, interpersonal relations.
- Minimum of three years administrative assistant experience or similar.
- Strong work ethic, excellent administrative, and organizational skills.
- Must pass a background check.
- Experience with data input and strong attention to detail. Familiarity with eTapestry or other nonprofit CRM platforms a plus.
- Conversational Spanish, a plus.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com with “Business Office Manager” in the subject line. Applications are due by March 20, 2019, with a start date as soon as possible. No phone calls, please.